- 66kV Underground Cable Section Replacement
- Commencement: February 2018
- Completion: February 2018
- Type of Contract: Lump Sum
- Contract Value: AUD $100,000.00
The scope of work included
- Provide preliminary electrical testing and investigation into the damaged cable.
- Assessment of existing cable layers and burial methods
- Excavate existing cable whilst remainder of the 66kV switchyard remained live.
- Replacement and jointing of approximately 40m of 400sqmm cable
- Full functionality testing including IR, polarity, continuity, ductor and VLF pressure testing to certify cable integrity and suitability for service.
- Carry out cable protection and backfilling of ground cover
This was a challenging job, which presented with some really difficult circumstances. This included excavation largely by hand due to the live 66kV cables in close proximity to the damaged cable, and the concrete protective layer which had to be broken up and removed.
The works were conducted without safety or environmental incident, and the site contact commended our workers on their professional and safe conduct and their commitment to the site’s safety principles.